About Alexander Legath
Alexander Legath is a creative director and design researcher who studies the synthesis of analogue and digital media.
He comes up with concepts and strategies to help brands stand out via print or online media.
He teaches at the FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg to equip students with critical skills and a generalist’s thinking to solve problems in the publishing branch.
- Since 2021 senior product owner and business developer at cab AG, Basel. Responsible for consulting and strategic development.
- Since 2020 project manager and consultant at cab AG, Basel. Responsible for planning and realisation of digital projects and subsequent feature releases.
- Chief Examination expert, for the region Berne and Basel, Interactive Media Designer EFZ (2021)
- Advanced Training, Professional Agile Leadership I at scrum.org (2021)
- Examination expert, Interactive Media Designer EFZ (2020)
- Advanced training, Introduction to Creative AI, at the University of Arts London, UAL Creative Computing Institute
- Since 2018 innovation manager and head of crossmedia department of the Medienmacher AG.
- Since 2017 member of the strategy team and co-founder of the Medienmacher AG (formerly Schwabe AG).
- Since 2016 leading designer and project manager Web & App at Schwabe AG, Basel / Muttenz.
- Licensed instructor, Interactive Media Designer EFZ
- Project manager and art director at Lars Müller Publishers GmbH, Zurich.
Responsible for web and e-commerce, developing a new website and marketing concept.
- Advanced training at SBVV: Online-Marketing for publishers
- From January to September designer at Skouhus & Bombelli, in Lucerne. Responsible for the conceptualization and design of various brands.
- Since September working as freelance designer and design consultant.
Education & Academic Career
- PhD study at the Institute for the Study of the Book, FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg. The goal is to find structural alternatives to conventional publishing through design with respect to design methods and the blockchain technology.
- Workshop director and teacher in Design × Publishing at Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- Master course in design, graduated from Zurich University of the Arts with a Master of Arts (ZFH) in Design, June 2015.
- Speaker and workshop director on News Publishing und Post-digital Print at the Junior Design Research Conference in Lucerne, 2014.
- Dual Study Bachelor course in media design. Graduated from
DHBW Ravensburg with a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Media Design.
- Participant at GRAFİST 17 International Istanbul Graphic Design Week at the Mimar Sinan Fine Arts Univeristy, Istanbul, May 2013.